International Veterinarian Opportunities
As Canada’s largest and fully Canadian-operated veterinary practice network, we have a wide range of exciting opportunities in various clinics and hospitals.
If you’re an internationally qualified veterinarian, we offer extensive support for individuals looking to work in one of our clinics. We understand the unique challenges that come with moving to a new country, so rest assured our team of advisors will help you every step of the way. Whether you’re an experienced veterinarian, a new graduate or a Canadian veterinarian working overseas ready to return home, we will work with you to find the right clinic for this next step of your career.
Connect with Our Team
How we support International Veterinarian candidates
Deciding to move to a new country is a big decision and can present unique challenges, but big moves can make for an exciting change that will take your career in the right direction. The onboarding team at VetStrategy supports our international candidates as they prepare to relocate.
To ensure your relocation experience is smooth, our team will support you with:
- Work permit assistance
- Financial assistance for immigration & legal fees
- Transportation and lodging aid
- Overview of Canadian banking & taxation process
- Onboarding & orientation with local HR partners
We’ll determine your specific needs so that the support offered is tailored specifically to your situation.
How We’ll Enhance Your Veterinary Career
- With Canada's largest veterinary community, including 24-hour hospitals, we offer you choice in where you work/live
- Medical freedom so you can provide the highest standard of care for your patients
- Suitable employment types for your needs (full-time, part-time, contract, locum)
- Competitive salary and compensation with bonus potential, health benefits and career perks
- ER Appreciation Program for team members working in our 24-hour emergency hospitals
- Learn from world-class mentors
- Access to resources through our robust Employee Assistance Program
- Career development with a generous education allowance
- Paid association dues, VIN membership, and professional liability insurance
- Opportunities to connect with over 20+ board-certified doctors and specialists
- Outstanding discounts on pet food and services
- Modern medical equipment and software
- Giving back to the community through charitable initiatives like the OSCAR Fund
Licensing process for International Veterinarians
To practice veterinary medicine in Canada, you must:
- Be enrolled or a graduate of a NAVLE accredited program; OR
- Eligible for the NEB (Canadian National Exam Board) accreditation process
Our talent acquisition team is happy to provide guidance to help you get started.
Connect with Our Team