St. Vital Veterinary Hospital
We have a fantastic opportunity at St. Vital Veterinary Hospital for a person who is passionate about animal care, leadership, people and the community! SVVH is a four-doctor full-service small animal hospital focusing on veterinary care for dogs and cats, serving the Winnipeg community since 1973. Our manager will lead a team of veterinary professionals who are dedicated to making SVVH the best possible place for pets and their families. The care team is experienced, client-service focused, committed to client education and practicing gold standard medicine. The manager will also oversee the operations of the holistic care AESOPS clinic located in the hospital.
About the Role
The Practice Manager is a full-time position. The successful candidate will oversee the smooth and efficient operations of the hospital and ensure an awesome client experience while maintaining a great team morale. The Practice Manager must have business and human resources acumen and be able to drive revenue growth, and execute on expense control.
Our clients have high expectations and the manager must embody above and beyond client service, empathetic communication and they must continue to set and uphold the standard for the team. SVVH is a practice where communication skills and emotional intelligence are key requirements. Veterinary industry experience is preferred.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- An abiding love of animals and a deep understanding of the human/animal bond.
- Previous veterinary industry experience as a Registered Veterinary Technologist is preferred.
- Previous experience as an office/practice manager, preferably in the veterinary industry, retail, or healthcare industry (but not required!)
- Excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to set priorities, delegate, motivate and the ability to grow high-performing teams.
- Client service oriented.
- Be able to balance the needs of the business, team and clients and find win-win solutions when those needs are in conflict.
- Proven ability to hire, train, coach staff and create a culture of accountability for performance.
- Highly developed emotional intelligence to compassionately and effectively navigate emotionally charged situations in the hospital.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- A collaborative mind-set and a strong desire to build relationships with team members, clients and the community
- Experience with drafting and managing shift schedules.
- Enthusiasm, high energy and a positive attitude.
St. Vital Veterinary Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian owned and operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical/dental coverage
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Respect in the workplace
- Outstanding medical and pet supply discounts
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com