South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital
We have a fantastic opportunity at South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital for a person who is passionate about animal care, leadership, people and the community! South Burnaby is made up of a team of extremely dedicated individuals, who are passionate about providing quality care for our patients and clients. Our manager will lead a team of veterinary professionals who are dedicated to making our hospital the best possible place for pets and their families. The care team is experienced, client-service focused, committed to client education and practicing gold standard medicine.
About the Role
The Practice Manager is a full-time position. The successful candidate will oversee the smooth and efficient operations of the hospital and ensure an awesome client experience while maintaining a great team morale. The Practice Manager must have business and human resources acumen and be able to drive revenue growth, and execute on expense control.
Our clients have high expectations and the manager must embody above and beyond client service, empathetic communication and they must continue to set and uphold the standard for the team. South Burnaby is a practice where communication skills and emotional intelligence are key requirements. Veterinary industry experience is preferred, but not required.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- An abiding love of animals and a deep understanding of the human/animal bond.
- Previous veterinary industry experience is preferred.
- Previous experience as an office/practice manager, preferably in the veterinary industry, retail, or healthcare industry (but not required!)
- Excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to set priorities, delegate, motivate and the ability to grow high-performing teams.
- Client service oriented.
- Be able to balance the needs of the business, team and clients and find win-win solutions when those needs are in conflict.
- Proven ability to hire, train, coach staff and create a culture of accountability for performance.
- Highly developed emotional intelligence to compassionately and effectively navigate emotionally charged situations in the hospital.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- A collaborative mind-set and a strong desire to build relationships with team members, clients and the community
- Experience with drafting and managing shift schedules.
- Enthusiasm, high energy and a positive attitude.
South Burnaby Veterinary Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian owned and operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical/dental coverage
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Respect in the workplace
- Outstanding medical and pet supply discounts
We look forward to hearing from you!
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org