Registered Veterinary Technologist – Signing Bonus!
Petroglyph Animal Hospital
We have a fantastic opportunity for a full-time RVT to join our team at Petroglyph Animal Hospital on beautiful Vancouver Island! On our team, we allow each of our staff members to function at their full potential. This means that you will have the opportunity and support to put those years of hard work at school to use. Our DVMs rely heavily on RVTs for tasks such as: TPR’ing surgery patients, drawing up and administering medications, bloodwork, optional overnight ICU care, all lab work, researching new techniques and treatments, lasering trauma patients, triaging and caring for all in-clinic patients.
Our team of assistants allows the RVTs to focus on tasks at hand as we are a very busy practice offering specialty services such as chemotherapy, orthopedics, dermatology, and dentistry. Our fully equipped hospital includes digital dental x-rays for performing dental COHATS, DR imaging x-ray machines, and full in-house lab diagnostics. There is also an opportunity to work alongside referral doctors that utilize our space as a satellite clinic for specialty dentistry and dermatology procedures. Do not miss out on this unique learning opportunity!
What you’ll need to succeed
- AHT/RVT Diploma (new graduates are welcome)
- Passion for what you do every day
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Strong communication skills, both when dealing with clients and team members
What we offer
- Signing bonus
- Relocation bonus
- Competitive compensation
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Friendly and supporting work environment
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through Oscar Fund activities
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
How we keep our team and clients safe
We take everyone’s safety very seriously. We have implemented added safety measures so that our hospital can continue to provide essential services to animals in our region. We have implemented more intensive sanitation practices, a “closed waiting room” policy, telemedicine platforms, online ordering, and other guidelines for physical distancing.
Petroglyph Animal Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian owned and operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
We look forward to hearing from you!
How to apply
Please send your resume to Erica at email@example.com.
CHECK OUT THE HOSPITAL