North Town Veterinary Hospital
North Town Veterinary Hospital is a full service 24 HR Emergency hospital offering regular preventative veterinary care and around the clock emergency services. Operating in Brampton, ON we are seeking a Medical Director/DVM to lead the qualified medical team.The Medical Director will be responsible for overseeing the medical operations/protocol within the hospital, serve as a mentor to medical staff, including 10 associate veterinarians, and lead the advancement of high quality patient care and client service. The Medical Director will also work in collaboration with the Hospital Manager to maintain and build our relationships with the referring community. Proficiency in surgery and and previous experience in an emergency setting will be an asset.
We are a fully equipped hospital with an established client base and provide the most current veterinary care to both pets and clients.
About the Role
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- A valid DVM from an accredited university
- A minimum of 5 years management experience
- Proven leadership, mentoring and team building skills
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with clients
- Strong emotional intelligence; have positive attitude, and authentic empathy toward others
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
- Experience working in a high volume, full-service hospital
The right candidate will enjoy a dedicated, professional and experienced support team with a great clientele and a fully equipped facility.
North Town Veterinary Hospital have recently become part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian owned and operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we place a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Generous CE allowance
- Opportunity to learn hands-on from our hospital’s experienced staff
- Access to our network of over 400 DVMs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Professional liability coverage
- Association dues and VIN membership
- Outstanding medical and pet supply discounts
- Fairness, respect in the workplace
- Opportunity for personal, professional and financial growth
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org