Lead ER Registered Veterinary Technician
Clarkson Village Animal Hospital
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Registered Veterinary Technician to join our growing team at Clarkson Village Animal Hospital! We are looking for an emergency trained RVT to join our team and take on a leadership role. Clarkson is in the process of setting up a referral center, and we are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to help us achieve that! Clarkson Village Animal Hospital is a state of the art, fast paced 24-hour, fully-equipped regular practice and emergency hospital located in Mississauga. With a highly-experienced and fun team, we have been serving residents of our community for over 30 years! This is an amazing opportunity to integrate into a supportive team. If you are interested in learning the managerial aspects of a veterinary hospital and take your career and expertise to the next level, then this opportunity is for you!
What you’ll need to succeed
- RVT certification
- Prior experience in the ER
- Passion for what you do every day
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- Interest in learning the management side of a veterinary practice
What you’ll be responsible for
- Coaching and developing our technician team
- Writing and executing performance evaluations
- Organizing and executing team meetings
- Creating, instituting and following up on protocols
- Collaborating with the rest of management on identifying hospital opportunities
- Maintaining inventory and labour budgets
- Providing outstanding patient care
- Other duties, as requested by the Practice Manager
What we offer
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- Competitive compensation
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need through the Oscar Fund activities
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
How we keep our team and clients safe
We take everyone’s safety very seriously. We have implemented added safety measures so that our hospital can continue to provide essential services to animals in our region. We have implemented more intensive sanitation practices, a “closed waiting room” policy, telemedicine platforms, online ordering, and other guidelines for physical distancing.
Clarkson Village Animal Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian owned and operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
We look forward to hearing from you!
How to apply
Please send your resume to Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHECK OUT THE HOSPITAL