Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital
Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Nanaimo, BC is looking for a FT/PT veterinarian for our busy 24-hour small animal emergency hospital serving mid and north Vancouver Island. Don’t have experience in emergency medicine? We can provide training and support. This is a perfect opportunity to work in a challenging yet supportive environment with friendly and skilled support staff. We offer a flexible work schedule with shifts that include days, nights and weekends allowing for plenty of time off to enjoy our beautiful city by the coast and mountains. With a veterinarian on shift at all times there is no on-call so your time off is your own. Our spacious and modern hospital has emergency and surgical facilities, advanced dental equipment, ultrasound, endoscope, digital x-ray and in-house lab. Experience is preferred but well-rounded recent graduates will be considered.
About the Role
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- A valid DVM from an accredited university
- Passion for what you do every day!
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
Central Island Veterinary Emergency Hospital is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian owned and operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we place a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation plus bonus potential
- Generous CE allowance
- Opportunity to learn hands-on from our hospital’s experienced staff
- Access to our network of over 500 DVMs
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Professional liability coverage
- Association dues and VIN membership
- Outstanding medical and pet supply discounts
- Fairness, respect in the workplace
- Opportunity for personal, professional and financial growth
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com