Pride Month begins
May 31, 2023
June 1st marks the kickoff to Pride Season when LGBTQ2S+ communities and allies come together to spotlight the resilience, celebrate the talent, and recognize the contributions of LGBTQ2S+ communities in Canada.
As part of our Pride celebrations at VetStrategy, we’re encouraging all team members to get involved. We are encouraging teams to celebrate the LGBTQ2S+ community this month through a number of ways:
- Creating colourful Pride displays in many of our clinics.
- Many of our teams will choose a day in June and coordinate wearing scrubs in the colours of the Progress Pride flag.
- Team members from 50 clinics across Canada will be trained in an inclusivity-focused program from Pride at Work.
- Proudly displaying our “All are welcome here” window decal at the entrance to their clinics.
- Joining our NEW LGBTQ2S+ Employee Resource Group, a supportive non-exclusive community, built to foster inclusivity and awareness, and contribute to personal and professional development in the workplace.
- Participating in the global IVC Evidensia Pride campaign by sharing what Pride means to them.
Stay tuned to our website and social media pages over the course of Pride Month, where we’ll be interviewing team members from coast to coast and learning what Pride means to them.